Malfunctioning general input module.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by CABrouwes, Jan 15, 2012.

1. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

I have a new General Input module (SLCE5504TGI) that seems to have a memory problem.

1. First it takes several minutes to upload or download the data
    2. When I upload the programming and download it back, I get something very different and always the same. In other words it does not records the programming.
    3. The field GUI firmware version shows "unknown".

My question is : should I just get it replaced or is there something I can do ?

CABrouwes, Jan 15, 2012
  2. CABrouwes

Newman

Uploading or downloading data to or from a General Input Unit does take a lot longer than regular input type units. There is a lot more data. 1-2 minutes is normal for a full parameter load is normal the first time. If you save this to both the unit and the database then subsequent saves will be faster.

Sometimes the values are modified slightly to match the nearest hexadecimal value, however these changes should be very minimal. A hysteresis of 5% can come back as 5.1%. A value change of 1% can come back as 1.18%. A multiplier of 80 can come back as 78.83, etc.

There was a bug in Toolkit for a while there that prevented it from successfully retrieving the firmware version out of the unit. Make sure you're using the latest version of Toolkit.

The unit also requires external 24Vac power to be able to upload/download. If you're having trouble exchanging data with the unit then it's possible that you have an issue with this 24V supply. If possible, it would be worth it to test it with another one.

Newman, Jan 16, 2012
Ask a Question