major c-bus meltdown

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by jethro, Apr 22, 2007.

1. jethro

jethro

Hi guys, problem as follows; installed very small system 1 8 X 1 amp dimmer
    powered and connected loads.Dimmer has power supply.
    used test buttons to check and left in place to provide working lighting for painters etc. Came back next day to add 4X2 as extra side lights were being added. Painters informed us that they had to turn off unit as lights kept flashing.
    installed 4 X 2 amp and 2 button es series switch fired up laptop, system was very slow on getting running but finally found new units ticked burden box and tested system sure enough painters were right
    lights were flashing and software c-bus toolkit started locking up. Removed
    8X1 and took back to base .When plugged in to demo system same problem would not allow access . removed dimmer from circuit and still have issues
    get message can not open network and message says address clashes.Could not access network from usual point dimmer into which the earlier dimmer was plugged.Middle of night here anyone any suggestions'
    thanks
    jethro

jethro, Apr 22, 2007
  2. jethro

PSC

Are the lights flashing or flickering?

What is the loading like on those channels, have you overloaded it?

Presuming that you are using transformers, what brand / model are they?

PSC, Apr 22, 2007
  3. jethro

Custom

C-Bus Problem

Hi Jethro

Have you tried using a hardware burden instead of the software type in one of the units. If you use the software type you need to select it twice for it to work. Also do you have any of the dimmer units set to address 001.

Bill

Custom, Apr 22, 2007
  4. jethro

rhythmicplanet

It could be worth investigating if you have a cbus clock issue.... Just a thought... :)

rhythmicplanet, Apr 23, 2007
  5. jethro

I think your onto something here. See if ithe problem is load related. Take the flickering / flashing channel and wire it to a different channel on the dimmer. If the flickering follows the change to the new channel... you have a loading problem.

Age, May 3, 2007
  6. jethro

jethro

cbus meltdown

hi guys sorry about delay in replying
    yes one problem was large load as removing bulbs from chandeliers stopped
    flashing part of problem seems to be that wiring is adding load I have come across this before in an old building ( castle ) where running a neutral direct to lights stopped them overheating packs and this place had live mains 240
    on blue and at least one red wire acting as a neutral . Best I can figure is there was a switch bank which was only switching lives and in order to get a feed for the original dimmers( which kept blowing ) the guy who wired it intercepted a neutral somewhere .T
    The other problems may have been a combination of a faulty PCI it will find network but not send information and also a faulty patch lead from the box with a new pack. I am now using a PAC to talk to net works and as I have a lot of critical work on I am afraid to troubleshoot any further is plug PCI in again
    regards
    jethro

jethro, May 6, 2007
Ask a Question