M1 trigger from eDLT slow - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by danveedan, Jan 30, 2019.

1. danveedan

danveedan

Hi all,

Have a cbus system at home, connected to a third party processor

Also have a M1 alarm system connected via a Ethernet interface. Processor is connected to the same network via a common switch.

Have set up a group, which is triggered by a eDLT via the 'belpress' command. This in turn triggers a command to activate one of the relays on the M1 to open the roller door. Within the processor programming, I have set a macro to turn on output 'XYZ' when cbus group '123' is activated.

Problem is that the bell press function works instantly one time, and then takes multiple presses the next, as you could imagine, quite frustrating!

Same relay works perfectly off the M1 keyfob alarm AUX button every time.

If I activate the roiller door from my processor iPhone app it works everytime.

Issue is only when I am activating the group from the eDLT. Thinking it may be some kind of cbus setting/tweak?

Cbus serial interface is connected to processor via rs232

any help much appreciated

cheers, dan

danveedan, Jan 30, 2019
  2. danveedan

znelbok

I now tend to shy away from a bell press and use either a timer set really short or just turn the group on and have the subsequent action do its thing and turn the group off.

So for my garage door I turn on the DoorOpen group when I press it. The processor (CQC in my case) see this and runs a set of commands. One is to tell the M1 to open/close the door and the other is to trun the group off. (Can be done in the M1 as well just as easily).

What this does for me is guarantee's that the change in the group is seen, gives me feedback that the action has taken place. If the group stays on then I know something in the chain broke down and needs fixing.

I went to this method because I was having similar issues where it appeared that the bell press was too short and was being missed by CQC/M1 and the door did not respond as required

znelbok, Jan 30, 2019
  3. danveedan

Ashley

You don't say what third party processor you have, but a lot of these (including the cbus logic engine) work by polling the state of cbus group addresses at regular intervals. (the logic engine runs a 200mS loop). So it is easily possible that by using a bell press you are setting the ga and then resetting it before the processor gets around to sampling it. In general, the use of the bell press function is a bad idea. The best way to accomplish these tasks is to set the switch up simply to turn the ga on. Then when the processor logic detects the ON condition it can do what it wants then set the ga back to OFF again. This way the ga will always be detected irrespective of delays in the network/processor.

And Mike obviously types much faster then me :)

Ashley, Jan 30, 2019
  4. danveedan

[email protected]

Hi Dan,

I always use the M1 Cbus interface module. It works every time with triggering from a Cbus switch. Commonly used to trigger M1 relays for garage doors, request to exit for doors from a Cbus switch, they work flawlessly.

[email protected], Feb 7, 2019
  5. danveedan

znelbok

But how? There are many ways to do it. The OP has already indicated that a bell press is unreliable for him

znelbok, Feb 7, 2019
    [email protected] likes this.
  6. danveedan

[email protected]

So M1 Cbus interface sits on the CBus network and allows rules to be made using a GA triggered in Cbus. So you just create group triggered via bellpress or 1sec timer on Cbus switch, this is seen by M1 Cbus module and then activates rule ie: Whenever (Garage Light GA) is triggered by some external device, then Turn ON output (Garage Roller) for 1 sec..

[email protected], Feb 8, 2019
  7. danveedan

NickD Moderator

Have you checked whether the eDLT actually emits an event every time?

It's possible the debounce time on the eDLT might be a problem... try setting it to 50ms instead of 75.

Nick

NickD, Feb 14, 2019
  8. danveedan

znelbok

That was my point in the question - you use a 1 sec timer to increase reliability. A bell press can be missed if pressed too quickly - but if you have a habit of slowing your press down you may never see the issue.

How to get the M1 to react was not in question - but rather how to guarantee that it has seen the change in group value. Saying it works does not help the OP - but rather how you are getting it to work is the important part.

As usual there are many ways to skin this cat - and sometimes someone comes up with something different allowing us to all learn. That's the value in these conversations.

znelbok, Feb 14, 2019
  9. danveedan

Bamcalid

Have you checked if eDLT actually emits an event every time?

Bamcalid, May 21, 2019
Ask a Question