M1 logs only when armed

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by senadman, Apr 3, 2019.

1. senadman

senadman

Have just only noticed that the M1 panel presents itself to c-bus (toolkit logs and NAC objects) when armed, either home or away and when disarmed it stops. This doesn't seem like normal behaviour, does anyone know if theres a setting or something that will allow it to present itself either armed or disarmed.

senadman, Apr 3, 2019
  2. senadman

Ashley

Not sure what you mean by "presents itself". If you mean you only get zone changes sent to cbus when the panel is armed, then that is the designed behavior. Security sensors are very sensitive and change frequently during movement. This amount of traffic could potentially flood the cbus network. There is no way you can change this behavior.

If you want to use M1 zones to act like cbus sensors, what I do is create a separate cbus ga for each zone you are interested in, then in the M1 create a rule for each zone that pulses the cbus ga for say 15 seconds, and set re-trigger true. This will filter the rapid zone changes and act more like a cbus sensor.

Ashley, Apr 3, 2019
  3. senadman

senadman

Thanks Ashley.

I am familiar with setting ga’s for zones etc and have done so already. I was hoping to reduce the extra rules and programming time within the M1. I guess I need to ask why have the panel show zone changes only when armed. What’s the advantage of that??

senadman, Apr 4, 2019
  4. senadman

Ashley

As I mentioned above, security sensor trip continually on movement which would result in a lot of traffic on the cbus network.

If you have a logic device with network support and a network interface in the M1 I have posted code in the logic section which allows you to map all M1 zones to cbus ga's and limits the amount of traffic.

Ashley, Apr 4, 2019
  5. senadman

senadman

Thanks for your help in clarifying this. I have to say that ness tech didn't have the same answer.

senadman, Apr 4, 2019
  6. senadman

Ashley

The cbus security protocol document (a free download) specifically warns about not sending zone update messages unless the panel is armed. Although the Ness engineers didn't seem to read it very well as the M1 cbus interface doesn't implement the protocol particularly well.

Ashley, Apr 4, 2019
    Damaxx likes this.
Ask a Question