Lux Level Switching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jesmond, May 26, 2008.

1. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hi Guys,

I have a 5031PE Light Level Sensor installed in a job and I want the lights to come on at or below 200 Lux and turn off at or above 400 lux, how would I do that ? Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards

Jesmond, May 26, 2008
  2. Jesmond

Newman

On the SENLL UI specify the group address that you want to control in the Light On/Off group onthe left. On the right hand side of the UI specify your Target level as 300 lux and your Margin as 200 lux (+/- 100).

That should have your lights turning on when the light level drops below 200 lux and turning off again when the light level rises over 400 lux. You'll probably need to fiddle with the target and margin parameters on-site to get the exact behaviour you want, as light level readings vary wildly within the same space. What the light level sensor gets will be entirely dependent upon the amount of light that is incident upon the surface it's mounted on.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
    Newman, May 27, 2008
  3. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hey Newman,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll give it a go.

Regards

Jesmond, May 27, 2008
  4. Jesmond

Matthew

Light Level sensor function only on Multi sensor not available???

Hi All
    I wanted to do the same with a Multisensor, went grey trying and tech support tells me it cannot be done?!?!
    I am really suprised considering the compexity of the multi sensor, that it cannot perform a simple on / off light level function. Can anyone tell me otherwise?
    I've searched here with no avail and the tech note is on light level maintenance, which is a slightly different application.

Regards Matthew

Matthew, Jun 5, 2008
Ask a Question