Low level ducted AC control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theok, Dec 17, 2009.

1. theok

theok

Hi All

I have a fujitsu ducted (ART45LUAK) system. I'm looking at implementing some low level control. I've noticed that when disconnecting one of the keypad data wires the AC stops blowing after 60s. After reconnection the AC starts up. I guess the pcb just assumes there is a communication error with the keypad and thus switches off.

With this in mind I can wire this to a relay for switching on/off and as such can achieve some simple control.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Is this likely to harm the ducted unit with time?

Thanks in advance.

Theo

theok, Dec 17, 2009
  2. theok

Conformist

Hi Theo

There might be a better way to do this:)

I've attached a document that isn't easily found. If your unit has the PCB's in the indoor unit highlighted in this doc, this should work. I'll be trying this myself over the next couple of weeks so feel free to PM me if you need assistance.

Assuming this works with your unit, you will be able to...

-pulse the system on/off
    -get a status indication from the unit

Pulsing the unit on off will be best achieved using the new L5108RELVP low voltage relay unit (you can also use this for your damper control too)

Feedback would best be by a bus-coupler that could be installed in the control box of the indoor unit (where the PCB's highlighted in attached the document are located)

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

Conformist, Dec 17, 2009
Ask a Question