lost projects

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jethro, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jethro

jethro

Hi guys I recently upgraded to windows 7 and downloaded the new version of to toolkit. I had backed up all my old cbus projects to an external hard drive .
    However when i open up toolkit I cannot access the projects on the hard drive. I backed up by dragging and dropping to a folder on the external hard drive.
    The included a project done with pre toolkit software. I need this project as the client who has moved into the house wants it all reprogrammed . and the previous electrician has removed all labels and circuit id`s from packs etc.
    How do i access these projects from toolkit ?
    thanks

jethro, Dec 7, 2009
  2. jethro

george

hi jethro,

Do you mean you copied the directory with projects C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag to an external drive and now want to access projects from that directory? If that's the case you have to copy the contents of that directory back to C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag. It may be a good idea to backup this directory before copying files in case it has newer versions of projects that are on the external drive.

Generally it is not very good practice backing up projects by just copying the tag directory. A better approach is to use Toolkit Backup and Restore functionality. You can backup and restore all projects at once using it as well as individual projects.

Regards,
    George

george, Dec 16, 2009
Ask a Question