Lost my network after power blackout

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ozequestrian, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ozequestrian

ozequestrian

I have an installation with 2 dimmers, relay module and a PC interface that provides clock and burden. All was working well until a power blackout the other night and now I cannot see anything but the PC interface when I scan the system. Some input switches are lit and others are not but none of them are controlling any lights and none are visible on the network. The PC interface is plugged into dimmer module 1 but if I disconnect dimmer module from the voltage free module I lose the Cbus connection to the module. I can control the lighting circuits through the push buttons on the modules. I'm stumped at this point.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    ozequestrian, Jul 26, 2018
  2. ozequestrian

Ashley

Most likely cause is a power supply problem. One or both of your output units will contain a 200mA cbus power supply (it should be written on the unit). Check the bus voltage. If it is below 20V you have power supply issue. It could be the power supply itself, of some other item pulling down the voltage. Disconnect the unit from the bus to test this. If the voltage is ok, some other device could be upsetting the network. To figure out which unit it is, isolate the PC interface and the output unit with the power supply. Make sure that scans, then gradually add other units back till it fails to scan.

Ashley, Jul 26, 2018
  3. ozequestrian

ozequestrian

Yes have done that, also isolated all the input units. Bus voltage is 35V, only thing I can think is the PC interface is faulty.

ozequestrian, Jul 26, 2018
  4. ozequestrian

Ashley

Possible, but unlikely. What sort of pc interface is it. Serial, usb or network?

Ashley, Jul 26, 2018
Ask a Question