Loss of Network Connection Help Needed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Panash, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Panash

Panash

I Have a 5500PC PC interface connected via a L5508D1A Dimmer unit to a 5034NL 4 Key input unit as a training exercise and lost communications with the Network after experimenting with adding a L5512RVFP to the mix and possibly incorrectly saving changes to the network.
    When scanning the network the unit comms light flashes and returns a message "Could Not Get Project Name" appears along with "Unknown Error".
    I appreciate any help I can get at this early stage of endeavour.
    Thanks
    Paul.

Panash, Sep 13, 2004
  2. Panash

Newman

Paul

Sounds like you either have a network burden issue or the L5512RVFP has the same unit address as your PCI.

If you don't have a network burden enabled anywhere please do so and try moving the PCI to a different unit address too.

Newman, Sep 13, 2004
  3. Panash

Panash

L5512RVFP Not Communicating.

Thanks Newman,
    I managed to activate the burden on the PCI and get the local network to scan and identify all units except the L5512RVFP. The network does not acknowledge that the unit is connected.
    Thanks
    Paul

Panash, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Panash

UncleDick

As Newman says the 12 ch has probably got the same Unit Address as the PCI so highlight the PCI and then go to the change Unit Address button to the top of the screen (shows a hand holding a pen) follow the ok buttons and you should find that the 12 ch is revealed.

UncleDick, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Panash

Panash

Thanks UncleDick,
    All better now! Lesson learnt, sometimes things are simpler than they first appear. :)
    All the best
    Paul

Panash, Sep 16, 2004
Ask a Question