Looking To Start A Carrer In Cbus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hernandez, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Hernandez

Hernandez

hello everyone,
    I am 18 years old and about to commence the cbus basic course.
    I am very much intrigued with cbus and its home automation system and energy saving capabilities. If it is possible to get some work experience or advice in furthering my carrer in cbus it would be appreciated greatly.

Thankyou in advance

Diego

Hernandez, Apr 27, 2008
  2. Hernandez

cramer

Work experience

Hi Diego,

If you're looking for work experience in the industry you should look at this page.

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/

Click on the link to approved installer/pointOne listings (you'll need Flash).

It is a list of all the C-Bus approved installers and pointOne integration companies. There will probably be one near you that you could give a call or e-mail.

Hope this helps:)

-Cramer

cramer, Apr 28, 2008
  3. Hernandez

Hernandez

thanks buddy i owe u one

Hernandez, Apr 28, 2008
  4. Hernandez

Matthew

Looking for work?

Hi Deigo
    I suggest you look for work with an electrician, if you are serious go for an apprenticeship. That way you'll be able to do everything C-Bus safely and more when you finish up as a tradesman. (there is an Aus wide shortage of sparkies so it's a guaranteed career path) You may not find work doing only c-bus stuff unless with an AV installer / integrator and keep in mind that the programming is only a small part, lots of cables have to be installed to make it all work !:p .
    It would help if you put your location in your profile.
    Regards & best of luck
    Matthew

Matthew, Apr 30, 2008
  5. Hernandez

Hernandez

yes i see what you mean, i have experience running cables in residential so i do not see the cable wiring a problem at all.
    I would like to only concentrate on cbus. I work anywhere in the Sydney metropolitan area and will most likely travel reasonably far to gain experience.

Thanks
    Diego

Hernandez, Apr 30, 2008
Ask a Question