Long Touch - B&W Touch Screen Mk II

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MHeaton, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

Hi,
    I have a B&W Touch Screen Mark II - I have programmed it so that I have standard CBUS buttons assigned to CBUS trigger groups and it all works fine if you press and immediately release. However, if you press and hold the event is never fired.

Can I change this configuration like I would be able to in a standard CBUS physical button?

Thanks

Mark

MHeaton, Jun 7, 2010
  2. MHeaton

Newman

If you can explain to us exactly what you're trying to achieve, we may be able to offer some suggestions as to how to achieve it. The Touchscreen looks at both "press" and "release" events to determine the correct action to perform.

Newman, Jun 7, 2010
  3. MHeaton

MHeaton

Newman,
    Thanks
    Basically have it operate as a simple push button switch. I had only ever interacted with the touch screen by pressing and releasing 'quickly'. However, my father's mode of operation was to press and hold for a 'long' time and he complained nothing happened.
    All I want to have happen is the 'long' and 'short' release do the same thing!

Mark

MHeaton, Jun 8, 2010
  4. MHeaton

Mark

Microfunctions on B&W C-Touch

Hi Mark,

Sorry, but we don't expose micro-functions to the user in B&W C-Touch. They're all wrapped up into the macro-functions exposed by PICED.

That said, I've just had a look and the On/Off Key Function selectable in PICED will execute a Toggle micro-function on short press. This means the loads should toggle as soon as the button is pressed, so it shouldn't make any difference how long you hold it.

If you are seeing something different, please let us know the details of your setup and what it's doing!

Cheers,
    Mark #2

Mark, Jun 8, 2010
  5. MHeaton

Darren Senior Member

Is it possible that the buttons are dimmers? If so, then a short press will toggle, but a long press will start to dim, which may look like nothing is happening.

Darren, Jun 8, 2010
  6. MHeaton

MHeaton

OK - things are becoming clearer - my button is setup with:
    Key Function: Scene
    Scene Group: xxxx
    and all other fields are disabled.
    The issue is that, pressing and holding and then releasing doesn't seem to trigger the scene

MHeaton, Jun 8, 2010
  7. MHeaton

Mark

Scene Key Function

Hi,

That would explain it. A Scene Key Function sets the scene on short release. All other micro-functions are idle.

Could you get away with using the On/Off Key Function applied to the Scene Groups? The On part of the Toggle operation will set all groups in your scene to the level of the first group.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jun 9, 2010
  8. MHeaton

Darren Senior Member

You are correct. The internal key microfunctions should be "Set Scene" for short press and "idle" for short release, but they are actually the other way around. It has been that way for at least 5 years and nobody has noticed before !

Issue number #19550

Darren, Jun 9, 2010
  9. MHeaton

MHeaton

Thanks - I will leave as is for the moment and teach the user and look forward to the fix :)

MHeaton, Jun 9, 2010
Ask a Question