logic - variable / tag database

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ICS-GS, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ICS-GS

ICS-GS

Does anyone know a way to reflect *wholesale* changes made to SystemIO and cbus GA's within the logic code?

I have a project with *heaps* of logic accross *heaps* of modules, but 'someone' decided to go through and make *changes* to the naming conventions in toolkit, rendering the logic code useless.

I have found the 'replace' function (and by the way, this does not work well if replacing one at a time, it closes the dialog everytime, but works when replacing all) - Darren, it would be nice if this was fixed.

I understand that this is a *text* based editor, but would there be a way of recognising GA's and systemIO in some sort of *tag* database and update code to reflect changes to these *tags*? (similar to toolkit)

Thanks

Grant

ICS-GS, Jan 8, 2009
  2. ICS-GS

Darren Senior Member

New issue #15856

New issue #15857. This will actually be quite hard to do, but I agree that it would be nice.

Darren, Jan 8, 2009
  3. ICS-GS

ICS-GS

I am sure you can make it happen:D

So reading between the lines there is no *easy* way to achieve this?

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Jan 9, 2009
  4. ICS-GS

Darren Senior Member

You could do a search and replace in the project XML file. Do a backup first though :)

Darren, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question