Logic Timer Format

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Nov 12, 2007.

1. muppets

muppets

Can anyone please tell me what the syntax format of the logic timer is? The only info I could find is that the max time is 32767 seconds (9hrs) though many examples of code display the timertime = as "xx:yy:zz" which I presume is x for hours, y for mins and z for seconds.

Does this mean timertime = statements can be written in either total seconds or as written above?

I have searched all the help with piced/logic and couldn't find the correct syntax.

The reason I need this is so that an i/o can be created from 3 strings ie
    05 (hrs), 31 (mins), 12 (secs) = "05:31:12"

muppets, Nov 12, 2007
  2. muppets

Darren Senior Member

See the logic help file topic "Time Functions". It says :
    Tags can be used for the time, instead of using a number. The interpretation of the time tags depends upon the time format selected in the Windows Control Panel.

yes

It was cleverly hidden in a topic about "time" ;)

Note that tags are not the same as strings. See the logic help topic "tags".

What is it exactly that you need to do ?

Darren, Nov 15, 2007
  3. muppets

Darren Senior Member

I have just read another of your posts, so I think I know what you want now.

If you need to convert three variables containing the time in hours, minutes and seconds into a value which can be used as a time (seconds), the equation is :

time = hours * 3600 + minutes * 60 + seconds

Darren, Nov 15, 2007
  4. muppets

Lucky555

In future it would be helpful if you didn't hide help info in obscure locations. :p ;)

Lucky555, Nov 15, 2007
Ask a Question