Logic not working when Scenes are set

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tidefan, Nov 22, 2009.

1. tidefan

tidefan

Facts/Questions about my Project:
    1) There are 3 Networks: A,B,C. Networks are setup with a Wiser/CNI on B connected to 2 bridges on A & C. Bridges are configures to talk to adjacent networks and other network A or C respectively.
    2) Each Room in the house has an On/Off Scene is stored in the Wiser. Once Logic Modules for these rooms is also stored in the Wiser. Although tags are the same on all networks, the logic will only work if group addresses from C Network are used and the project is configured for C Network (Wiser is connected on B network)
    3) Large All On & All Off scenes are stored on CTC Network A. When these scenes are set, the logic does not work. It is like the logic does not see group levels changes set by scenes? Do I need to change to Network C in project details as I did on the Wiser unit even though the touchscreen is on Network A? Or does is the logic not seeing the change in states of the cbus groups when set by a scene and therefore not responding?

Any suggestions?

tidefan, Nov 22, 2009
  2. tidefan

Darren Senior Member

Although you have given quite a lot of details, there are still a few things we need to clarify.

So messages on any network should get to every other network. Good so far :)

C-Bus does not use tags to link groups together on different networks. The underlying group address is used to communicate between networks. If you use the same group on different networks for the same purpose, it is A Very Good Idea to use the same tag name.

So are you saying that you need to pretend that Wiser will be on Network C, but it is actually on Network B to get it to work?

Colour C-Touch usually models networks independently. This means that group address 1 on network A is not the same as group address 1 on network B and C. You can change the option in the Project Details form so that the networks are not modelled independently. Refer to the help file and C:\Clipsal\PICED\Manuals\C-Bus Networks.pdf for details.

No.

The logic should respond to groups being set by scenes.

Is there a reason why you have some aspects of the project in Wiser and some in C-Touch Colour ? It is generally a good idea to have everything in one place.

Darren, Nov 22, 2009
  3. tidefan

tidefan

Darren,
    What I meant to say about the tags is that I copied the tags from each network to the other so that now all networks A,B,C have identical applications addresses/group names. This was done so that we could control any lighting group from any button on any network. And this is working properly. And the following is an example of logic for one room stored in the Wiser:

once (GetSceneMaxLevel("Entrance Hall OFF") = 0%) { All Groups Off ? } then
    begin
    SetCBusLevel("Network C", "Lighting 2", "Entrance Hall On/Off", 0%, "0s");
    end;
    once (GetSceneMaxLevel("Entrance Hall ON") > 0%) { Any Groups On ? } then
    begin
    SetCBusLevel("Network C", "Lighting 2", "Entrance Hall On/Off", 100%, "0s");
    end;
    once (GetSceneMaxLevel("Entrance Hall OFF") = 0%) { All Groups Off ? } and
    (GetCBusLevel("Network C", "Lighting 2", "Entrance Hall On/Off") = 100%) then
    begin
    SetScene("Entrance Hall ON");
    end;

And the scenes "Entrance hall On/Off" & "Entrance hall ON" are also stored in Wiser. Problem is that we have an ALL OFF scene stored in the CTC Touchscreen on Network A that includes about 80 groups from various networks all over the house. The scene works good. Problem is that the logic above should turn off the group "Entrance Hall On/Off" but it does not. And we do have all of the required groups included in the scene to make the logic work correctly.

Can you help?

tidefan, Nov 23, 2009
  4. tidefan

tidefan

To clarify: Each network has identical group names and group addresses for the lighting application and trigger control applications.

Since I have all 3 networks talking to each other as needed. Do you think that my problem is in the touchscreen project details? Should I deselect "Model Networks Independently" and only select "Bridges use Application Select Mode"?

tidefan, Nov 23, 2009
  5. tidefan

Darren Senior Member

Yes.

I would try moving the logic code from the Wiser to the Colour C-Touch. It is easier to debug these things in Colour C-Touch because you can use the logs to write messages from the logic engine about what is going on.

Darren, Nov 23, 2009
Ask a Question