Logic errors on a touch panel

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Green Light, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Green Light

Green Light

Hi I have only had basic experience with Cbus many years ago.

I was asked to look at a job on a desparate situation request.

I arrived at the job and they were showering in the dark. It was a customer who was having trouble with his cbus install and got onto the internet found a manual put some dimmers into learn mode and wiped a lot of the programming.
    I was able to connect to the network and restore basic functionality. It was only 2 dimmers and 1 relay that were affected

The function that are missing are in one bedroom it had a 4 input switch and the two bottom buttons operate the same light group as above but at 30% out put like a night mode.

Two bathrooms and a bathroom and laundry that shared a fan that would run on for 5 minutes after the light was turned off.
    The 4 gang switch was a 5034NL. I would have thought that the 30% would be able to be run as a scene. But I don't think these switches suit this function

But some of the inputs are calling for group commands that are not from the relays or dimmers but turned out to be from the modules within the logic engine on a ctouch colour control panel.
    I connected to the touch panel and downloaded the program from it.

As soon as I opened it up. I was bombarded with errors c261 which from my research seem to correspond with tags. I can see the labels of the modules but they relate to names not group numbers. There were nearly 400 errors.

There are no group addresses it is named with things like "bed 2 dl control" for what i think is the control group 118

Can i troubleshoot the modules like reorder the names to associate with the correct control group or am I better off deleting and replacing them?

Alternatively can I see what the previous group numbers that related to this logic and reorder the group addresses to suit the previous arrangement?

Any tips are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    Green Light, Apr 15, 2013
  2. Green Light

Goran C Forum Member

Do you have access to the original C-Bus Toolkit project file which was used to program the units on the C-Bus network? as it is the Toolkit file which contains the tag names for Group Addresses.

I would be looking at your Toolkit project first and ensure that those dimmers and relays are programmed as you expect.

Am i correct in assuming that you have fixed any issues that the customer has caused by putting the dimmers and relays into learn mode. Is the C-Bus network behaving as expected and as defined by the C-Bus Toolkit project?

Are you thus stating that the C-Touch logic is using group names which have now been superseded by the changes you have made to the C-Bus Toolkit project. Ie the logic refers to a group tag name which no longer exists in the C-Bus Toolkit project?

Goran C, Apr 16, 2013
  3. Green Light

Darren Senior Member

In the files transferred from the colour C-Touch unit, you should find the C-Bus project file (*.xml). Copy the file to the C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag folder, then you will be able to open the project in C-Bus Toolkit. If this works, then you will have all of the project tags. Open the Colour C-Touch project in PICED, and it should all compile correctly.

Darren, Apr 16, 2013
  4. Green Light

total control

I have a similar problem in that i have all the PAC programing and the DLT's ex-plane what the groups are but still don't match. Is there any way that i can retrieve the group number from the PAC and then rework backwards? If i send the updated program to the PAC will it confuse the unit and stop working (as the logic dose not match)?

total control, Jun 27, 2013
  5. Green Light

Matty

Hi total control,

The C-Bus project file isn't stored in the PAC.
    You'll need to modify the logic or create a new C-Bus project with tags that match the logic code.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jun 27, 2013
  6. Green Light

total control

Thanks Matty

I have been able to download from the network and with help from the DLT's I have names for most of the groups. I also have the full PAC program.

1 If i reload the PAC program with Error C261 will i lose the operation

2 I have worked out some group names but if i put the name to the wrong group will it still be a fault or will it think it is correct?
    e.g. "outside lts" group 12 but if i set group 11 to "outside lts" will it be a fault or just not work properly?

Thanks Steve

total control, Jun 30, 2013
  7. Green Light

Matty

Hi Steve,

1. If you have compilation error C261 in your PAC project you won't be able to transfer the project back to the PAC. You'll need to fix all missing tags and clear up all the errors before you can transfer it into a PAC.

2. If you apply a tag to the wrong group, it will just not work properly.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jul 1, 2013
Ask a Question