Logic Engine code question..

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by KevinH, Aug 5, 2009.

1. KevinH

KevinH

I am trying in an efficient manner to determine which groups over several C-Bus applications have changed state between successive passes through my code. This is to enable synchronisation with an external TCP socket connected application. As the environment is not event driven this is fairly laborious code wise. Is there a non brute force way to do this without loop testing, or perhaps as a work around is there a pointer available to an internal state table for each C-Bus application it (colour C-Touch) models ?

Is this an appropriate forum to discuss such questions or should I use the C-Bus Enabled forum, or even a direct CIS contact ?

cheers Kevin

PS Can ServerX be used with the colour C-Touch with C-Gate ?

KevinH, Aug 5, 2009
  2. KevinH

Lucky555

KevinH

If you have an environment which can support C-Gate (and it sounds like you do) JRE) then this little beastie has a feature of "load change port" where any changes to C-Bus group addresses detected / written to the C-Gate model are fed to C-Gate TCP/IP socket 20025.

If you have C-Bus Toolkit or PICED (pronounced pick ed) or Schedule Plus (pronounced schedule plus) then all these app sit on top of C-Gate which models the C-bus installation and acts as a multi socket comms server.

Toolkit and PICED (pronounced pick ed) :) are free from the CIS website.

Not sure but this might be what you are looking for... ;)

Lucky555, Aug 5, 2009
  3. KevinH

KevinH

I am hoping to do this without a dependence on any PC based application (ie C-Gate) - so the C-Touch talking to an embedded controller is the aim.

K

KevinH, Aug 6, 2009
  4. KevinH

Darren Senior Member

At the moment, there is no short-cut to make this easier. It is on the list of things to do (reference #12134), but it won't be available for a while.

This is the right forum to use.

Colour C-Touch doesn't use C-Gate. ServerX can not be used with Colour C-Touch.

Darren, Aug 6, 2009
Ask a Question