Logic device identifier ?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by KevinH, Mar 18, 2011.

1. KevinH

KevinH

Is it possible in logic to get at some identifier (inbuilt system varaiable) that is unique and persistent to the device running the logic - eg the MAC or IP address , device or SIM serial number or even better the C-Bus unit address ?

I would like to load an identical project into multiple units but for them to identify themselves with some unique identifier within a TCP message . (The originating IP is not recoverable).

I know for the Colour Touch I could create and read a local text file but that's still messy.

K

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    KevinH, Mar 18, 2011
  2. KevinH

Darren Senior Member

At the moment, the best way to do this is as follows:
    1. Create a User System IO Variable called "Device Id" or similar
    2. Add a page with a Selector component, or some Buttons using presets to allow you set the value of the Device Id to values of 1, 2, 3 etc
    3. Immediately before transferring the project to a unit, use the above to set the Device Id. You could also do it immediately after the transfer on the unit itself.
    4. You can then use the Device Id in logic. The value of this will be non-volatile (persistent)

Darren, Mar 19, 2011
  3. KevinH

KevinH

That's still a bit fiddly as I still have to customise each upload and remember them on each project change but it's workable at the moment...thanks.

Could I request an inbuilt system IO value for the future ?

K

KevinH, Mar 19, 2011
  4. KevinH

Darren Senior Member

It should be easy enough to do.

Darren, Mar 19, 2011
Ask a Question