Logic Coding

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by exsolter, Feb 1, 2011.

1. exsolter

exsolter

Hello guys

Can someone let me know the logic commands to read the on/off button on a thermostat and the setpoint that its set too.

Thanks guys

exsolter, Feb 1, 2011
  2. exsolter

NickD Moderator

Have you looked in the help files?

Nick

NickD, Feb 1, 2011
  3. exsolter

Darren Senior Member

The main help file topic "HVAC App In-Built System IO" and the logic help file topic "Controlling HVAC" discuss the in-built system IO variables associated with HVAC (air conditioning).

The HVAC Zone Group State in-built system IO variable will tell you if the thermostat is on or off.

The HVAC Set-Level in-built system IO variable will tell you the thermostat set point.

Darren, Feb 2, 2011
  4. exsolter

exsolter

Thermostat

Hello Guys

Yes I thought those would be the commands but they don't seem to be able to read from the thermostat directly

It seems like they read from the T/S HVAC zoneapp, zone.????
    GetIntIBSystemIO("HVAC Mode", 1, HVACZone1), (no unit selection)GetRealIBSystemIO("HVAC Set-Level", 1, HVACZone1) (no unit selection)

I have 8 of the 1 zone units throughout the house,
    *1 - 1 unit zone need to read on/off and what setpoint to then trigger different relay contacts, which set the setpoint of the AC.

*2 - 2 units in zone area to control a/c but this time I have to send serial command out the serial port of the T/S. So when each thermostat on I can read the setpoint to set the damper system.

*3 - 4 units in zone area to control a/c but this time I have to send serial command out the serial port of the PAC. So when each thermostat on I can read the setpoint to set the damper system.

*4 another 1 zone

I was putting each of these system into different Communication Groups, or put each unit into its own and run logic for the commands

Is there any way to read this info directly from the thermostat unit

Kev

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    exsolter, Feb 2, 2011
  5. exsolter

Darren Senior Member

C-Bus devices do not generally read data directly from other units. Polling to obtain data is very inefficient, and in this case, unnecessary.

The Thermostats broadcast their data when something changes, but also on a regular basis. The other units (like C-Touch and PAC) see these messages and store the data for later use.

All data is referenced using "Zone Groups" and "Zones". Unit addresses are not relevant.

Use the "HVAC Operating Type" to find out what a particular zone is doing. You can also use "HVAC Zone Damper Open" to see if the zone damper is open. The "HVAC Set-Level" will give you the zone set-point.

It isn't clear what the relevance of the serial ports is. I assume that you are trying to control the dampers via serial commands.

If the zones are all using the same plant equipment, then it makes the most sense to have them all use the same Communication Group (a.k.a. Zone Group).

No, and there is no need to.

Darren, Feb 2, 2011
Ask a Question