Logic and Piced

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by yi0rgos, Dec 4, 2012.

1. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Hi guys,

newbie question, if someone can help:

If I am doing logic how do I check if the code is working with out doing a full transfer from my PC to the screen.

Also if a group address is created in Piced, is it automatically transfer into toolkit, or I have to manually create it?

Regards,

George

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    yi0rgos, Dec 4, 2012
  2. yi0rgos

Ashley

Under OPTIONS select "Connect to C-Bus" then run the logic. You can type ctrl-S to enter simulation mode where you can click on objects like the real touch screen. You can do the same thing in editing mode by right clicking (assuming you haven't selected right click context menu in settings). To debug logic, sprinkle logMessage commands throughout your code then display the log (VIEW/LOG) to see the result. Don't forget to remove them (or comment them out) before downloading. Also, it can get confusing if the touch screen is running old logic at the same time you're running new logic in PICED, so you may need to disable the touch screen.

It's generally best to create tags in toolkit, then use the PICED TOOLS/REFRESH C-BUS TAGS menu item. If you create a tag in PICED it is saved in the tag database but I don't think there's anyway of refreshing them except by restarting Toolkit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Ashley, Dec 5, 2012
  3. yi0rgos

Matty

Hi yi0rgos,

You can run your logic code in the PICED logic editor using the 'play' button in the toolbar. You will get some debug information in the console at the bottom of the dialog.

If a group address is created in PICED it will appear in the toolkit project.

Regards,

Matty.

Matty, Dec 5, 2012
  4. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Thank you guys

yi0rgos, Dec 5, 2012
Ask a Question