Locking sensor during hours upon first presenc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diggerz, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Diggerz

Diggerz

Hi All

I was wondering how you would go about setting up a cbus sensor to lock with lighting ON during office hours upon the first detection of presence, and unlock after hours with lighting then operating under presence detection with a set run time.

In the KNX programing land I achieve this using 3 groups addresses, Time schedule ( on during business hrs, off after hours), motion ( presence = lighting on, absence = lighting off) and sensor lock ( on = lock, off = unlock) all with an AND logic block.
    So when the time schedule group is ON, AND presence is detected lighting turns on and the sensor is LOCKED. Lighting then remains ON until the time schedule group is OFF which breaks the AND logic block and unlocks the sensor which then continues to operate as a presence detector.

i was wondering if this can be achieved with the inbuilt logic of the sensor or relay unit or will this require some additional logic in a PAC or touchscreen?

Any help or hints are much appreciated

Diggerz, Jan 24, 2017
  2. Diggerz

Diggerz

Im not sure if this could have been done with the logic/settings in the units but i ended up using a 5500PACA.

Diggerz, Jan 30, 2017
  3. Diggerz

Matthew

PACA would be required as you determined. I'm certain the logic in the units is mostly useless.
    I wanted to use the Logic to use one of several loads (key inputs for 3 toilets) to turn another on (1 exhaust fan for all toilets) and it could not be achieved.
    If anyone can advise otherwise I'd be most obliged.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
    Matthew, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Diggerz

Ashley

Assuming I understand what you mean this should be quite straight forward. On the logic tab for the fan enter the 3 switch group addresses in 3 of the rows, select the channel the fan is on and select OR. Any switch will turn the fan on. All switches (and the fan ga) must be off for the fan to be off.

If you want to schedule things to happen at a certain defined time you need a device with a clock like a touch screen, Wiser or PAC. Just create a schedule to control the enable ga on the sensor.

Ashley, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Diggerz

Diggerz

Hey Ashley, that was my original thinking but they wanted them to lock ON upon first detection of presence, so if the time schedule runs on at say 6AM but no one has entered the space the lighting remains off.
    I ended up using the OR logic in the unit along with some PAC code along the lines of IF schedule ON and Lighting ON ( any move in the sensor ) set Override ON ( OR'ed in the relay unit). IF schedule OFF set Overide OFF.
    Was just wondering if it could have been done another way using just the units built in functions and avoid the PAC.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
    Diggerz, Feb 10, 2017
Ask a Question