local toggle not working

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by nella, Dec 24, 2007.

1. nella

nella

project is 4 channel relay and 4 gang switch.
    If the switch is not connected to the network the local toggle works on the relay.
    As soon as the switch is connected all groups turn on after about 3 seconds and the local toggle function will not work on any group.
    Any answers appreciated.

nella, Dec 24, 2007
  2. nella

wanricky

check your cat-5 cable termination. If it is RJ45 plug on the panel side, make sure it is the same arrangement as the pink cable. On the switch side, make sure the Green and GreenWhite is not touching. They are the conductor for "remote ON" and it has higher priority than local override. Check the installation instruction section 8,9 for details.

wanricky, Dec 24, 2007
  3. nella

nella

I tried this whilst on site and thought that I had found the problem as indeed the green/green-white were shorted at the switch and there was noticable damage to the cat 5 cable. Alas after rectifying this it made no differance.

nella, Dec 24, 2007
  4. nella

wanricky

Then try to make a a new RJ45 plug using 4 wires only on the panel side. This may help if there is damage to cable somewhere else (if it is the case, there maybe other problem....) Otherwise you need to connect the switch directly to panel using a short cable to check if the switch is working or not. Or if you have another spare switch, connect it up and see if the same problem exists.

wanricky, Dec 24, 2007
  5. nella

nella

Thanks Warwick. I will give that a try to rule out the cable and switch.
    :)

nella, Dec 24, 2007
Ask a Question