Local control keys stop working but remote OK

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by KevinH, May 7, 2014.

1. KevinH

KevinH

I have a 2 channel wireless relay switch and the local load control frequently stops working on both channels. There is no relay click sound, but the key indicators do change correctly. However if I control these channels from another wireless switch or from the main wired network then they both work perfectly. What could be wrong ?

I have managed to get local control back only by fully reprogramming the unit each time it locks the buttons out, but this is happening all the time. This had worked well for several years and I haven't changed the configuration.

The only other thing that is possibly contributory is that the load on one of the channels could be being interrupted as it controls a switchable table lamp and I have noticed it being turned off at the lamp itself sometimes. Could this power cycling of the switch be the issue - maybe something to do with level memory ?

KevinH, May 7, 2014
  2. KevinH

ashleigh Moderator

Rewritten:

If its a 2 channel relay, remember that channel 1 must have a load present or the whole unit will de-power. It steals a little current thru channel 1 in order to operate the internal electronics.

So, if ch 1 is a table lamp and thats turned off at the lamp then the whole unit will have no power and so it will be completely inoperative.

Assuming ch1 is connected and so the unit is continually powered, I can think of no sensible reason for it doing what you describe.

I also have some 2 ch relay units which have now been installed since about 2006; and these don't do this. They just keep on working.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    ashleigh, May 11, 2014
Ask a Question