Load shedding logic help

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by conor1, Dec 9, 2016.

1. conor1

conor1

Hi Folks ,
    Looking for any ideas or thoughts on load shedding logic ,have a project were we are watching a 3 phase load using current measurement units and 3 no cts, at the moment I have them linked to a scene which drops out 8 groups on relay which control heating when total load of building gets close to maximum suppliers fuse limit it drops out all heating until load drops back to within permitted values , this works fine but I would like to stage the heating loads based on levels as the get closure to max permitted levels say 70a turn off heating area 1 gets to 75a switch on heating 1 but switch heating area4/5 off or something along those lines .
    We are in the process of adding Ctouch to display energy consumption and loads so have the ability to add some logic .
    Any thoughts would be most helpful as my head is a blank on exactly we're to start as we generally use energy module purely to show consumption .
    Thanks in advance
    Conor

conor1, Dec 9, 2016
  2. conor1

NickD Moderator

Have a look at the "High/Low Thresholds" tab in the CMU setup.

You can configure it to send different trigger (or other) events for when the readings reach different thresholds.

Nick

NickD, Dec 12, 2016
  3. conor1

conor1

Hi Nick ,
    Thanks yes have used these thresholds to set a scene to switch scene on and off , so basically I should use these to start some logic ?
    Thanks
    Conor

conor1, Dec 12, 2016
  4. conor1

NickD Moderator

Sorry.. I misunderstood the question.

If you want to drop out (and reinstate) different combinations of loads depending on the total amount you're trying to shed you could do it a number of ways (as always).

I would break it down into several different levels of load shedding... say small, medium, and large (you can expand this number of states later but if you want to trigger them ).

Define 3 scenes with the 3 different combinations of groups you want on and off at each level of load. Assign a common trigger group and a unique action selector to each scene.

Then set up the thresholds in the CMU to send the scene triggers as the thresholds are crossed.

You would also want a scene for "normal" to set when the load drops back below the "low" threshold.

Nick

Edit.. just realised you have 3 phases and there are only 8 thresholds in the CMU... you can still do the above but you would need to use logic to monitor the measurements and trigger the scenes like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
    NickD, Dec 12, 2016
  5. conor1

conor1

Hi Nick ,
    Thanks for the help , I used a 2nd cmu would this be more straight forward .
    I havnt used logic to track the cmu before .
    Regards
    Conor

conor1, Dec 12, 2016
  6. conor1

conor1

Sorry nick meant to say if I used

conor1, Dec 12, 2016
  7. conor1

NickD Moderator

Getting the measurements from the CMU in logic is easy.. just use the GetRealIBSystemIO function.

Here's an example of using a measurement in logic from my own

Code:
    {Get outside temperature}
    r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 0, 1);

{Enable the underfloor heating schedule only if it's cold enough}
    once (r_temp < 10) then
    begin
    SetEnableState("UFH Enable", ON);
    end;

{and disable it once it's not so cold}
    once (r_temp > 15) then
    begin
    SetEnableState("UFH Enable", OFF);
    end;

{Get ensuite slab temperature}
    r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 71, 2);

{turn off heating once slab temp gets to 20 degrees}
    once (r_temp > 20) then
    begin
    SetLightingState("Ensuite Floor Heater", OFF);
    end;
    In this case "WIRED" is the network, 0 and 71 are the DeviceID of the two measurements and 1 and 2 are the channel numbers on those devices.

You need to add the measurement channel first in the measurement manager (Project->C-Bus Applications->Measurement Manager...) before you can use them but if you're already displaying the power consumption as you mentioned you've probably already done this.

Nick

NickD, Dec 12, 2016
Ask a Question