Load Monitor

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Thomas, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Thomas

Thomas

After editing a Colour Touch project, it seems that the load monitor has lost it's settings. That means that every time there is a change to be made, the relevant groups have to be re-selected for recovery. :( Has anyone else noticed this?
    Is this an intended feature? I would think that such settings should be retained for a project.

Thomas, Jun 18, 2006
  2. Thomas

Nathan

I found the same thing out on the weekend. Im not sure if it was the replacement OS card or a change on the piced program to the Ctouch but I agree it is painfull to have to keep doing this every time.

Nathan, Jun 18, 2006
  3. Thomas

Darren Senior Member

When you transfer a project to colour C-Touch, the load recovery file gets transferred with it, over-writing whatever was there. This is done because you may have changed the contents of the load recovery file in your project.

Darren, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Thomas

Thomas

Thanks Nathan, good to know this. As we are a little way off Oz, we still run the old cards, so I can tell you that it is nothing new.

Darren, it is certainly good and necessary that the file gets transferred every time one transfers a project, but what is queried is the fact that you need to re-select all the groups which you want to recover.

Could you, for the next release of Piced, change that so that whatever has been selected in the load monitor, remains selected until it gets de-selected? :)

Thomas, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Thomas

Darren Senior Member

I am not sure that I understand the nature of the problem.

When you create a project in PICED, you select which Groups you want to recover after a power failure using the Load Monitor. This data gets stored in the *_PFR.csv file. When you transfer the project to the Colour C-Touch this file gets transferred too. When the Colour C-Touch software starts up, it reads in this file and sets the Groups accordingly.

If you change what is to be recovered in the Colour C-Touch itself, this information will be overwritten next time you transfer the project from PICED. If you want to retain this information, you will need to transfer the project from Colour C-Touch to your laptop first. Alternatively, make the necessary changes in PICED before transferring the project to Colour C-Touch.

If you follow this process, you should not need to re-select which Groups need to be recovered.

Is there some requirement I have missed, or something which is not working as described ?

Darren, Jun 20, 2006
  6. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Darren,
    Yes and No.
    It is not that I am talking about a subsequent change of the load monitor on the Touch Screen.
    But I suspect that the problem which Nathan and I have come across might lie in the fact (in my case) of working on a project on different computers, and only transferring the *.ctd file from one machine to the other. Based on the info supplied by you, this would explain why I had to re-select the load monitor settings every time I go to site...
    Thanks

Thomas, Jun 20, 2006
  7. Thomas

Darren Senior Member

Now it makes sense. It sounds like I don't need to change anything then :)

Darren, Jun 20, 2006
  8. Thomas

JohnC

Darren

Perhaps PICED should check then say something like :
    "Load Monitor *_PFR.csv file missing...what ya wanna do?"
    - rather than automatically create a new (blank) Loads file ?

Probably not a big deal, but you could also make sure that it's explained exactly which files need to be transferred to ensure EVERYTHING goes across to the new machine ?

Just some ideas, have not experienced this problem myself.

JC

JohnC, Jun 20, 2006
  9. Thomas

Phil.H

I am guessing the answer may be using the archive function to transfer projects between computers. ???

Phil.H, Jun 20, 2006
  10. Thomas

Darren Senior Member

This is probably not a good idea as most projects don't have the PFR file and you don't want this message shown unnecessarily. The file is optional and is only used if you have loads you need to recover.

I have just added some information to the File Types help topic to cover this.

Darren, Jun 21, 2006
  11. Thomas

JohnC

Thanks Darren,

Does the Archive function in PICED automatically include all the relevant project files, as indicated by Phil H ?

JC

JohnC, Jun 21, 2006
  12. Thomas

Darren Senior Member

Yes it does.

Darren, Jun 22, 2006
Ask a Question