LLS & PIR in area

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodsky, Oct 10, 2008.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi guys,

I'm busy with an installation where I want to use a 5031PE light level sensor and PIR in the same area to do some daylight harvesting.

The scenario; LLS takes care of maintaining lux level as set, and PIR detects occupancy.

The question; If there is no movement for let's say 30 minutes & PIR is set to switch off GA, will the LLS switch the lightback on again or do I have to use logic to override the LLS until the PIR detects occupancy again?
    This is an office environment.

I can test this on a bench but it would help if someone has the answer already.

Thanks
    Brodsky

brodsky, Oct 10, 2008
  2. brodsky

Newman

If the PIR turns the group address off then the LL Sensor will turn it back on again, as it tries to maintain the target light level.

What I would do is configure the PIR to control 2 Group Addresses and make the second group address disable the LL Sensor when the PIR turns the Groups off and re-enable it when the PIR turns the Groups on again.

Newman, Oct 13, 2008
  3. brodsky

brodsky

Thanks Newman,

It makes perfect sense.
    Will do that.

Brodsky

brodsky, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question