LLS/KEY switch What have I done wrong?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C_E_A_Steve, Dec 2, 2010.

1. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

Hi everyone:)

I have installed a 5031PEWPGY to turn off some outside lights they control 5504RDP with basic logic set on relay 3 x G.As or 1 x G.A.
    I have set the LLS to turn on/off the 1 G.A, this works then when it kicks in it turns on/off straight away and repeats this every 3 secs or so.
    There is a key switch on another network which controls a virtual G.A through Home Minder which turns the 1 x G.A on I think (AS I CAN'T GET TO THE PROGRAMING OF MINDER)
    My Question is :- Is the key switch overriding the LLS command every three secs? and if i get the LLS to control the virtual G.A that the key switch this should stop the conflict?

Love to hear your input on this
    because im lost

thanks...

C_E_A_Steve, Dec 2, 2010
  2. C_E_A_Steve

Newman

Can you post a screenshot of how you have configured the Logic tab of the L5504RDP? Screenshots of the configuration of the Light Level Sensor and Key Input Unit would also help, as your English explanation is not so clear.

Newman, Dec 2, 2010
  3. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

HI,

As requested the screen shots for the devices, the 4 x key switch which currently controls the bank of lights, is on another nextwork and the home minder is on the local network.
    My question again I think the LLS is conflicting with the home minder! does the minder every 3 secs (MMI) send an on command direct to the minder? and the LLS only sending it across its local network being the minder has preference to the LLS and trying to override it??

Thanks for the speedy response newman much apperciated

cheers

Steve

Attached Files:

C_E_A_Steve, Dec 3, 2010
  4. C_E_A_Steve

Newman

It sounds like there is a conflict between the programming of the minder and how the units have been programmed. The LLS is trying to control the relay unit directly by turning it on, but the programming of the Minder thinks that the group address should be off, so is turning it off. Without the programming of the minder, it will be difficult to fix.

If control of Group 27 is not required from the Minder any more, your best bet is probably going to be to change Group 27 to something else in both the Relay unit and the LL Sensor. If you still require override from this key on another network, then you could assign this key to the new group address above too, bypassing the Minder.

Newman, Dec 3, 2010
  5. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

HI,

Thanks for getting back to me Newman many thanks for the advice.

The 4 key switch controls group 35 (sending this command to minder) and output is group 27 (myself making an educated guess). There is another LLS on another network (different from key switch) which picks up all the outside lighting around the factory and carpark, also these lights in the dock area(Using sunrise/sunset function only coming on at sunset) The key switch is a simple on/off switch allowing dock area to be turned on/off at anytime, the customer wants energy management function in the dock area only allowing the lights to come on at a certin LUX level even if the switch is turned on the LLS turns them off.
    Saying all that, group 27 would be used in some sort of logic in the Home minder, so if I were to control Group 35 before minder it should control the minder as if the key switch was pressed?
    Also i have been reading the forums religiously the last couple of weeks regarding minder, I can get the minder software direct form Clipsal apparently but without the minder password this software is useless to me is that correct?
    Again many thanks for the reply

Cheers

Steve...

C_E_A_Steve, Dec 4, 2010
  6. C_E_A_Steve

Newman

When things aren't being controlled the way you expect them to be, by far the best thing to do is connect to the C-Bus network using the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility. It will enable you to look at the C-Bus messages. You'll then be able to see exactly which messages are coming from which units.

You might be able to 'second-guess' the programming of the minder by putting the new LL Sensor output on Group 35. It would then turn on/off the lights in exactly the same way as the 4-key switch. The LL sensor would then always override the function of the key.

It's hard to piece together exactly what is going on with the site though, given it's age and the fact that you don't have all the programming. You might get faster and more accurate help from Clipsal Tech Support.

Newman, Dec 4, 2010
  7. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

Hi Newman,

Thank you for your time in answering my posts many thanks.

Tech support is my final resort, I'd like to solve this myself, so thanks for the link to the C - Bus utility I'll give it a run I didn't no such a program existed.

The question about the minder I understand it's no longer part of the C - Bus family and nobody likes to talk about it as it's not really fourm material anymore. But as I asked if I buy the software from clipsal still able to be bought according to my wholesaler. Trying to access the programing still requires a password set by the original programmer, I just don't want to spend the 200 dollers for software that is useless to me.

I have never contacted tech support will they know about minder or help "talk through" programing access as minder is no longer a c bus device??

Once again many thanks Newman for the time to reply to my post and for the advice.

Cheers,

steve

C_E_A_Steve, Dec 4, 2010
  8. C_E_A_Steve

Newman

The software for programming Minder is free, so I don't know where your $200 figure is coming from.

I suggest you PM forum user Conformist. He seems to have magic ways with Minders. :)

Newman, Dec 6, 2010
  9. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

Thanks Newman for the advice

I read on another post/thread some info about minder with a link that to an "intergraters forum" that site posted a clipsal product code for minder software and that was an approx price for the product.

P.M Private Messaging - Are new members able to PM i keep going to drop down box in user C.P and informs me the administrator may have restricted access? also tryed to send an email but i dont think he allows other uses to contact him?

once again thanks

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    C_E_A_Steve, Dec 7, 2010
Ask a Question