Linking PIRs

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by 7iron, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 7iron

7iron

Hi

Wondering if someone has some ideas. I have 3 PIRs and one is subject to false triggering.

1. PIR in the Carport
    2. PIR top of stairs
    3. PIR at the Front Door

The issue is the PIR at the top of the stairs can false trigger in wind due to tree movement . I have tweaked the de bounce and press times. But its a trade off. I want to have the stairs lit reasonably quickly when a person gets to them.

So I was thinking if I could configure its so the PIR at the stairs so it was only enabled if the Carport or Front Door PIR has triggered ??? But how ???? :confused:

I have a Wiser and I am already using the enable function on the PIRs to only enable them when the sun is down, by using a Wiser scheduled event to enable / disable a group at sun set/rise.

I did this because I could never get the light level sensors on the PIRs tweaked the same. So for example in early the evening the Carport lights would come on but not the stair lights etc. I do still have the light level sensors to detect night / day but then have the enable/disable set as well.

Many Thanks

7iron, Mar 25, 2011
  2. 7iron

oracle

why dont you put the enabled group in the stair PIR to the carport or front door PIR.

you have said they are enabled only by schedule - well the same would still apply.
    for instance if you had the carport pir enabling the stair PIR the stair PIR could only be enabled if the carport PIR was enabled (by your schedule).

also another way would be using the logic in the relay or dimmer channel
    stair lighting group only can be on if stair group address and carport group address are both on - so you dont need to reconfig the sensors but the outcome would be the same .

there is no need to over complicate things just KISS. use logic engine when required only IMO

oracle, Mar 26, 2011
Ask a Question