Linking in airconditioning, hydronic heating and a sprinkler

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by andrew eddy, Aug 24, 2004.

1. andrew eddy

andrew eddy

I am installing airconditioning and hydronic heating in my current renovation. Each is using a Honeywell contoller (#T8602C and #CM67 respectively) for programming and as a thermostat.

I am also having a sprinkler system installed - Irritrol #KD6.

I would like to link in an over-ride into the C-Bus system so that I can turn each unit on if it is off (and off if it is on) and effectively over-ride the controller.

Has anyone had experience with this? :confused:

andrew eddy, Aug 24, 2004
  2. andrew eddy

Advantex

I have not had personal experience, however I see no forseeable problem. Do you have sketch/drawings of the installation?

Advantex, Aug 25, 2004
  3. andrew eddy

Rossco

The easyist way to control is to set the thermostats to desired temperature on all the time and use C-BUS to control on/off functions.
    This is done buy breking in the control cables in series or if the thermostats have a external timer input.
    This way you know when the unit is on or off.
    Also wire in a Manual On/Off/Auto switch near the units for servicing, there is nothing more fustrating than to get a call from a client that there heating or Air-con is not working and the serviceman blamming C-BUS when it is a heating or air-con fault.

Rossco, Aug 28, 2004
Ask a Question