Linked smoke detectors but still own dry contacts per detector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlie Crackle, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I have a issue with 12 V some smoke detectors.

12v is supplied via a "Compliance module" so the 12volts lasts a certain time with now power.

All the smoke detectors are linked so that if one goes off they all make a noise.

They all have dry contacts going to a alarm panel for reporting...

The problem I have found during testing is if you trigger a detector the dry contacts close and then 10 seconds later all the other linked detectors make there noise but unfortunately the other detectors all close there dry contacts as well sending to the alarm panel that every smoke detector has smoke and then the alarm monitoring company think there is a very large fire !!

Manufacture has no solution.

Can not replace with Clipsal smoke detectors as they require 240V and dont have dry contacts for each detector only the total group.

I have a 6 core cable going to each detector.

any one seen a detector that can be linked but only closes the dry contacts when SMOKE detected and not when the linked smoke is detected. ??

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
    Charlie Crackle, Jul 10, 2008
  2. Charlie Crackle

ICS-GS

Only VERY expensive ones!!! but they worked off 24VDC from memory

ICS-GS, Jul 11, 2008
Ask a Question