link 2 n/works with different s/ware versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UK Household Automation, Jan 28, 2009.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Hello world,

I have to link two C-bus networks together with a network bridge but one has been set up using an older software version. I'm reluctant to update this software as we are not responsible for maintaining that part of the installation and don't yet know if the responsible party themselves are not willing to update their software for whatever reason. There are however, a number of input and output units within that part of the installation that must communicate across the network bridge with our part of the installation.

So, can two C-bus software versions interact effectively across a network bridge?

Thanks in anticipation,

JP

UK Household Automation, Jan 28, 2009
  2. UK Household Automation

______.

The c-bus devices/hardware do not have a software versions. They have firmware which allows extras features that may have been added over time but connectiing a C-Bus network that was installed in 2006 with one installed yesterday will work fine.
    I think your getting confused with Toolkit/C-Gate versions. Thios is programming software ONLY from my underswtanding 99% of all V1 + V2 hardware is able to be programmed by any toolkit version.

______., Jan 28, 2009
  3. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Many thanks for that,
    I'll leave it as it is then and trust that it'll be alright on the night.

Ta,
    JP

UK Household Automation, Jan 28, 2009
Ask a Question