Lights turning off sametime every day for 10 sec

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by azza1990, Aug 5, 2013.

1. azza1990

azza1990

Hi,

Ive come across a problem in an office block. Every day at 9.30am multiple banks of lights are turning off for around 10 seconds. They work normally after this. It is happening on 2 floors of the building which have 2 networks with a network bridge. Most of the lighting is controlled via PIR sensors and there are a few switches in some rooms. Not sure how to track down this problem. I have my laptop logging both networks to hopefully see what is happening at that time.

Any possible answers to this would be great.

Cheers

azza1990, Aug 5, 2013
  2. azza1990

Brendan Rogers

Hi azza1990,

Do you have any devices on your C-Bus networks that support schedules? If so, you may want to confirm that there are not unwanted schedules still running that you no longer want.

Brendan Rogers, Aug 5, 2013
  3. azza1990

azza1990

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there is a PAC in one of the networks. My log showed that the PAC was turning these particular banks of lights off. I am now having trouble retrieving the project from the PAC. I have not programmed one of these before so am a little puzzled. I plugged it into my laptop and tried transferring the project from it through PICED but there was no com port to select. Not sure if i have to download another programme to allow me to access this device.

Im still wondering what could be the cause of the PAC to suddenly start behaving like this. Apparently the problem started about 3 weeks ago. I had to replace a power supply about 3 weeks ago to this installation. Could this power outage from me changing it have caused the time to be out of sync?

azza1990, Aug 6, 2013
Ask a Question