Lights continually turning on

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lola 29, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Lola 29

Lola 29

Hello,
    I have a 15tr old CBUS unit. For past 6 months the lights are randomly coming on every day, no specific rooms just random lights throughout the day. The initial installer is impossible to get out and need to wait about 4 months which is not doable as the lights in our bedroom come on every night randomly. Speaking with him when he last came out he said it could be a power to one of the units issue and that it is trial and error to replace the units until I find the one which is faulty. An expensive exercise. After some advice as to how to proceed since the installer can’t help me. 1. Do I get an electrician out to look at this first to see or 2. Do I get another CBUS installer to come and investigate what is happening? Am at the end of my patience with the lights at the moment. I am in South East Suburbs of Melbourne .

Lola 29, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Lola 29

Conformist

This does sound like a power supply issue. You will most likely find electricians will struggle to fault find, but could repair if the fault can be located. I appreciate your frustration and whilst I'm not in Melbourne, I might be able to help if you can answer some questions for me about your system.

Please at your leisure, private message me and I will see if I can help you locate the fault.

Conformist, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Lola 29

Trevor

Hi,
    Another possible cause could be if you have a color touch screen that uses scenes and/or schedules
    and the time/date is not set correctly this will cause the above to happen and it may even seem random as well.

regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Lola 29

Diggerz

Hi Lola,

I’m an electrician and integrator located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, you can send me a PM if you’re still in need of assistance.

Diggerz, Nov 27, 2022
  5. Lola 29

shanede

I had a very similar issue, it is very had to find and what I did was to isolate a relay at a time by removing it from the network as it would trigger random lights and blinds, I was lucky as the first one I tried was actually the problem and it was mainly the pool and outdoor lighting so was not a major impact to our normal lights. Mine was very random, did not happen every day so I had the module off for a week to make sure it was the one. You may need to get your sparky to remove the cbus network cable one unit at a time, we left power to the unit so I was able to toggle channels if I really needed.

Turned out to be a 12 channel relay which I had replaced and copied the existing config over. No issues since.

shanede, Dec 17, 2022
Ask a Question