Lights and fans turning themselves on - Strange App log

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by danveedan, Mar 11, 2019.

1. danveedan

danveedan

Hi all,

Have had glitch for sometime, however it hasn't shown itself for ages so never really bothered getting to the bottom of it until now,

The issue is that 2 of my ceiling fan controllers (have 4 installed, however 2 are in spare rooms that rarely get used) turn themselves onto the high setting for no reason. This is getting frustrating as we have a newborn and one of the fans is in her room and wakes her up when shes sleeping.

The other fan controller is in my room, and is equally frustrating in the middle of the night!

Originally had a 2 gang switch in the daughters room, but upgraded to a eDLT. Thought it was a faulty switch causing the issue but the issue still remains.

Have also changed the fan controller to a spare one I had, issue still remains.

Happens at no particular time, and may not happen for ages, but then happens frequently.

Have also had lighting groups turn themselves on at times also, hover this is rare, more an issue with the fans.

Also have had the cbus switches start blinking blue/orange at times, EDLT's become unresponsive (status on the screen changes, but state of the downlights etc etc stays the same). This sorts itself out after a minute or so, then goes back to normal.

Just started up the Application log, and it looks like some of the switches are turning off groups which aren't actually on in the first place???

Have only had it plugged in for about 20 mins and theres 8 events with switches turning off groups which aren't actually on to start with. All switches concerned are eDLT's.

There is definitely no chance of anyone playing with the switches at the moment as im the only one up.

Only time I have seen something like this is either a faulty unit somewhere on the network, or a short/damaged cable.

I have the hardwired burden plugged into one of the cbus units on the network. I believe the network clock is active on 3 of the units also.

Hoping someone might be able to help,

Cheers, Dan

danveedan, Mar 11, 2019
  2. danveedan

NickD Moderator

The blue/orange blinking means the unit failed to transmit.. which could be due to a very busy network, or it could indicate inherent network communication issues.

Things turning themselves on or off could be due to the status correction, which, if you have bad comms, could be as a result of a falsely detected error.

You could run the Diagnostic Utility for a while to get an idea of how many errors are occurring. Alternatively you could try isolating devices to see if the problem goes away.

Nick

NickD, Mar 13, 2019
Ask a Question