Lighting Ramp Level from C-bus Serial Protocol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derick.lts, Nov 1, 2011.

1. derick.lts

derick.lts

Hi, I am trying to interface C-bus to a third party universal remote controller based on the C-bus Serial Protocol (Public Release). However, I realize that I could only retrieve the ON & OFF state of all lighting groups based on the MMI report. Besides, I could monitor the PCI to get the status (On/Off/Ramp Level) of all the lighting groups.

My question is how could I retrieve the lighting ramp level during my first initialization before I could monitor the PCI as I need to pull all the status including On/Off/Ramp Level and display on my controller? Any supporting document which I could read further?

Thank you.

derick.lts, Nov 1, 2011
  2. derick.lts

Newman

The absolute levels of the C-Bus Group Addresses can be discovered by sending a series Level Status Request messages to the network. You have been sending a Binary Status Request to the network to discover the on/off state of the groups. You now need to send the other type of request, a Level Status Request.

I suggest you do a search within the public release protocol documentation for "Level Status Request", which will show you how to send them. Decoding the replies is a little tricky but it is explained in the documentation.

Using this command at start-up is a good way of discovering the levels of all the groups. It's not a good thing to do regularly during run-time as it chews up a bit of bandwidth.

Newman, Nov 1, 2011
Ask a Question