Lighting and Heating Application

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dak, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Dak

Dak

Hi,

Excuse the ignorance, as I'm still learning about Cbus and Toolkit.
    I set up two of my relays, one for lighting with group addresses in the "lighting" application, and 2 channels of my 20 amp relay with group addresses in the "heating" application.

From memory i think that the first and second channel of the 1st relay "lighting" are set as group address 00 and 01, and that the first and second channel of the 2nd relay "heating" are set as group address 00 and 01.

I have a 6 gang saturn switch, button 1 to turn on/off lighting group address 00 and button 2 to turn on/off lighting group address 01. When i switch either of these groups on, both the lighting group address and the heating group addressess turn on.

So, when i'm programming my 6 Gang Saturn switch how do I go about getting rid of the heating relay channels being activated, as I only want the lighting to be activated, and use another switch for the heating.

Thanks in advance,

Dak

Dak, Jun 29, 2006
  2. Dak

NickD Moderator

It sounds like you've done everything right... although it's not completely clear whether the lighting and heating channels are in the same output unit or not.

If you want them on separate applications then you need to have separate output units, as each output unit can only be configured for one application.

Also... when you say "When i switch either of these groups on, both the lighting group address and the heating group addressess turn on"..

..do you mean that switching one group address turns on all four relays? or just the two with the same group address?

Nick

NickD, Jun 29, 2006
  3. Dak

Dak

thanks NickD for the reply.

The lighting channels are one output unit (12 channel 1amp Relay) and the heating channels are on another output unit (4 channel 20 amp Relay).

What I meant to say is that when i switch channel 1 on the 12 channel 1 amp relay, then channel 1 of the 4 channel 20 amp relay goes on also. and when I switch channel 2 of the 12 channel 1 amp Relay On, then channel 2 of the 4 channel 20 amp Relay also gets turned On. So it just turns on the ones with the same group address.

Dak, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Dak

Mark

Applications

Hi Dak,
    As Nick said, it sounds like you're doing everything right. A few things to try:

Double check the 4 channel relay is not still on lighting application. This is the most likely problem. If it is definately on Heating, try changing it to some other app just to see if it stops the double switching.

Commands could be being sent on both the Lighting and Heating applications somehow (possibly due to a dual appliation key unit, or maybe some logic running in a PAC etc.). Check the Application log under the Applications/Heating node of Toolkit's tree view. See if any commands appear here when you push the button on the Saturn. Check the lighting application log too.

If this doesn't help, ring tech support. That's what they're there for!

Cheers,
    MArk.

Mark, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Dak

Newman

Dak

To test thing out further, try setting the primary application of your 20A Relay unit to 57 (0x39), i.e. one of the other available Lighting applications, and do the same thing.

Newman, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Dak

Dak

Thanks Mark, just as I said in another post on one of the other threads, i'm still pretty new to cbus and toolkit, so I will definately check that the relay is on the correct application.

With the dual application key, you mean with the 1.6 firmware saturns where you have a primary and a secondary application? - I'll check that as well. There is definately no logic doing it - I do not have a PAC, but have two CTC, but no logic associated with these group addresses. The application log shows that the lighting app channel 1 and 2 of the 12A relay are being toggled by the originating unit, but under the heating application log, nothing appears when the switches are pressed.

I appreciate your reply thanks.

Dak

Thanks Newman, will also try this.

Dak, Jun 30, 2006
Ask a Question