Light switch not turning on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vinnyk, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Vinnyk

Vinnyk

Hi

with the recent load shedding in South Africa, my C Bus system has been taking some strain. My previously linked light switches are no longer responding to turning on lights (i assume it could be a programming issue). I can switch the light on at the DB using the relay button, however the I cant turn on the lights at their respective light switch.. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Vinnyk, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Vinnyk

Ashley

Why do you assume this? Has someone changed the programming recently? If not, it's unlikely to be the problem. Cbus units don't randomly loose their programming.

Have all switches failed or just some? Does anything work at all? Are the indicator lights on the switches doing anything?

Major system malfunctions are frequently caused by cbus power supply issues. Start by checking the cbus dc voltage at the back of any switch. If it's less than about 20vdc, there's your problem.

Ashley, Oct 14, 2022
  3. Vinnyk

Vinnyk

Thanks, Ashley,

No changes made to the programming - the frequent load shedding is the only change.

the lights used to work perfectly however I have noticed that there are 3 switches now that don't seem to switch the respective lights on..they are all linked to the same relay on the DB ...its an 8 relay switch and the other lights seem to work perfectly fine... I also tried turning them on through the C Bus toolkit but it doesn't seem to be working... The red little indicators do go on when the switch is pressed however the lights are not coming on...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    Vinnyk, Oct 14, 2022
  4. Vinnyk

Vinnyk

a screenshot of what i see on the toolkit- bottom left (group information) and and bottom right (group dependencies)
    upload_2022-10-14_8-2-10.png

Attached Files:

Vinnyk, Oct 14, 2022
  5. Vinnyk

Shiney2512

When you scan the c-bus network, are all the c-bus units available (compared to the database)?

Shiney2512, Oct 14, 2022
  6. Vinnyk

Vinnyk

thanks
    yes they all appear on the network.... I reprogrammed the light switches to operate another set of lights and they work so the issue seems to be at the relay. I could not reprogramme the affected channels

Vinnyk, Oct 14, 2022
Ask a Question