Light level sensor Identification

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ranilroshan, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ranilroshan

ranilroshan

I have installed 10 light level sensors in a large installation and found that once scan the network, serial number will not display on toolkit software. Now how can I program each individual sensors with this issue.

Rgd

ranilroshan

ranilroshan, Oct 2, 2008
  2. ranilroshan

NickD Moderator

Unfortunately the current light level sensors use firmware version 1.00, which does not support serial numbers.

I suggest you do an unravel in toolkit, and then configure them all with different group addresses and a light level threshold that's above ambient.

Then you could walk around with a flashlight to each one in turn and shine it in the sensor window, and observe in the toolkit application log which one responds by turning its group address off at each point.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
    NickD, Oct 2, 2008
  3. ranilroshan

ranilroshan

Thanks for your nice idea.......

ranilroshan, Oct 2, 2008
  4. ranilroshan

______.

you could also just toggle that group address in toolkit and see which LED on the sensors turns ON/OFF ;)

______., Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question