Leyton Lighting ELAN LED

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MHeaton, Apr 1, 2017.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

I have installed 3 of Leyton Lighting's LED fittings onto my CBUS dimmers. These are LEDs with dedicated drivers that support dimming on the 240v feed.
    I observe the light flash off and on when I get to 100% load the first time the light is powered up. If I leave it powered up and then switch it off and on again it won't flash off but if I leave it off a long time it will - suggesting a capacitive component holding charge. I have also tried with the 5501 lad adjuster to no effect - I don't have a problem with light when it is running at 0%.

I get the same behaviour on a 5504D2UP and 5508D1A dimmer. Leyton are asking me if there is a way to force the universal dimmer into trailing edge mode rather than relying on automatic detection? I think I probably have both ends of the circuit detecting leading and trailing edge dimming and getting confused.

Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Apr 1, 2017
  2. MHeaton

tsman

I'm not familiar with this. Do you mean the S31LCDA?

There isn't any way of forcing a C-Bus universal dimmer into leading or trailing edge mode from the configuration. The firmware inside detects the mode automatically based on measured capacitance AFAIK and there isn't any adjustment for that. Unfortunately, if you're right on the edge then sometimes it'll pick the wrong mode or continually flick between the two modes.

tsman, Apr 3, 2017
Ask a Question