Lexcom Issues

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by airman1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. airman1

airman1

Hi Guys,

Having a few issues with a Lexcom system! One particular TV & digital setup box won?t tune into free to air channels. (They are both Panasonic ) Other TVs and digital set top boxes work perfectly in this installation but this TV & set top box won?t play the game.

I have tried other TVs, digital set top boxes & patch lead from this outlet with no issues.

Has anyone else come across this situation?

Technical support didn?t seem to know a great deal & was very vague.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

airman1, Oct 26, 2010
  2. airman1

tobex

Did you install the region / location into the units that dont work ? Some TV's will not work unless they are told which city they are in.

My Sony even looks on the internet to see new software updates for itself. Apparently this solved a few problems too. (yes it had ethernet port on TV).

tobex, Oct 26, 2010
  3. airman1

airman1

Doubled checked today whilst on site and the region is set to Australia.

Is there anyone in the know in Aust that knows the lexcom product well I can contact?

Thanks

Airman.

airman1, Oct 27, 2010
  4. airman1

Nik

Dare I say it may not be an issue with the Lexcom System..

Have you tried that particular TV and set top box and patch lead at any other outlet? Does it work?

If not I would be inclined to believe it is a issue with the TV & set top box as you have stated other TV's and set top boxes work fine from the location and the problem follows to where ever the problem TV/Set top box goes..

If it does work from another outlet, I would retest the suspect outlet with a different TV set top box combo and triple check it works.. If it does i have never seen such an issue, if it doesnt i would suspect something wrong with that outlet and its associated wiring..

After all of that i would also be inclined to feed a digital antenna feed directly to the TV/set top box and see if you can get anything happening..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Oct 27, 2010
  5. airman1

tobex

I still think it is an incorrect city parameter in the TV / STB.

tobex, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question