LexCom Home Control and C-Bus wireless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cezar_oz, Jul 7, 2009.

1. cezar_oz

cezar_oz

I was looking at installing a bunch of LexCom Home Control switches/dimmers as an inexpensive way to control the lights and got told that it's now part of C-Bus wireless.

Is this the case or can you still buy LexCom gear?

My other thought was to use Pronto instead of a regular LexCom remote. Has anyone tried this?

cezar_oz, Jul 7, 2009
  2. cezar_oz

ashleigh Moderator

Lexcom Home control and Cbus Wireless are the same under the hood. The Lexcom look is just another style.

Both Lexcom and clipsal/cbus part numbers are supported in cbus toolkit, and the two product ranges inter-operate quite happily with each other.

Unfortunately, you can't use a pronto as a remote to control the lexcom or cbus wireless products. You need to use either the cbus wireless remote or the lexcom remote. Again, both are interchangable.

ashleigh, Jul 7, 2009
  3. cezar_oz

cezar_oz

... so I can start with installing LexCom switches to start with, and then get C-Bus wireless gateway, etc later on - to control alarm, HVAC, etc?

What do I need to use C-Bus software with LexCom switches (e.g. to fine tune the scenes, etc)?

cezar_oz, Jul 7, 2009
  4. cezar_oz

ashleigh Moderator

Yes you can.

Download cbus Toolkit from http://clipsal.com/cis

Go to the downloads page. It's free. (yippee!!!)

ashleigh, Jul 7, 2009
Ask a Question