Length of command string

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Colin Smith, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I have successfully captured the data string from an intelligent remote via the IR reader.
    When I ask the circa software to perform a test transmission it tells me that the "Command is to long for the temp area on IR transmitter" Length of command = 1600, Max command length = 511.

The remote does issue a long command. (Date - Time - Function) and it appears that it sends it twice. Is it possible to split the command up say into 4 pieces and get them sent as a macro or would there be an issue with 'time lag' between the 4 separated commands. That is, the receiver does not see a continuous data string.

A nice feature for the capture software would be to warn you that you have exceeded a string length if there is a limit that cannot be exceeded. Would have saved me a bit of mucking about.

Colin Smith

Colin Smith, Jul 12, 2006
  2. Colin Smith

Richo

Hi Colin,

Just because the "test transmission" area is too small doesn not mean that the Nirt can;t use it when downloaded as part of a project. the space in side the nirt reserved for testing is small, the area available for projects is much bigger.

test the command by creating a project, downloading to the Nirt and triggering from C-Bus.

Also if this is a long command Circa v1.1 will likely corrupt it on download so use the beta of Circa v2 for your testing.

To answer you other questions, no macros are curently not implemented, although they are on the radar.

Richo, Jul 13, 2006
Ask a Question