LED lights on Neo

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by levendis, Feb 14, 2006.

1. levendis

levendis

With the neo's,

instead of having the backlight on - which is pretty bright at night,
    is it possible to have the LED buttons on at all times on "blue", and when a channel is turned on, that button LED to be "orange" (while all other butons are blue)

Currently I have the blue backlights on. WHen a channel is turned on, the button LED turns off after a while. So i need to press a button to turn the button LED lights on...then press the button again to turn off if i pressed the wrong button

I hope i explained it well enough!!

levendis, Feb 14, 2006
  2. levendis

Mark

NEO Dual Status Indicators

Hi Levindus,

If you go to the Indicators tab of the NEO's toolkit user interface, and under 'Style' in the Indicator Assignment section select Status(Dual), then Orange for the On colour you should be in business. If you then disable the night light, the indicators will always stay on. It might then be worth playing with the fixed level and pressed level/time to get the indicators to fallback to a dimmed level after a few seconds of inactivity..

Cheers,
    Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2006
    Mark, Feb 14, 2006
  3. levendis

Newman

In addition to what Mark says, you can specify one brightness setting to be persistent for up to 15 seconds after press. You can specify a different brightness for the unit to fall back to. If you set the Indicator brightness to be 0% it will still be on a bit (not totally off) which will hopefully be dark enough for your needs.

Newman, Feb 14, 2006
  4. levendis

JohnC

I recently re-configured our lighting showroom in Sydney exactly that way, but in reverse. Orange = off, Blue = on. After a lot of testing we found that the blue LEDs show up much "brighter" and thus give a better indication of "ON" than the Orange (which tend to get washed out in bright light)

However one thing I also recommend is to set LED STATUS=AlwaysOff for any switches that are "unused". In newer Toolkit versions there is a Action type named < unused > and that seems to disable the LED automatically for many switch types.

The recent changes made the whole thing unbelievably easier to use, since there is so many switches and loads, and it's confusing at the best of times. It's almost exclusively 8 gang Neos, but in many places we don't have 8 lights attached to each switch.

The nett effect of this change for our showroom was that anywhere you see an LED, there must be a light attached to it. No LED means that switch does nothing. And if a Blue LED is illuminated but you can't see any light, then the globe must have blown.

Cheers, JC

JohnC, Feb 14, 2006
  5. levendis

levendis

thanks mark and newman,

john...that is exactly what i want...will try this in the next few days

i will give it a try on the weekend

levendis, Feb 14, 2006
  6. levendis

Josh

I agree, I did not like it either.

Josh, Feb 15, 2006
  7. levendis

JohnC

Oh yeah - I forgot to add that in our showroom we also disabled the Neo's nightlight because it looked kinda "low-tech" (or a bit "bling" in my personal opinion) :)

JohnC, Feb 15, 2006
Ask a Question