LED lighting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darren, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Darren

Darren Senior Member

There is an interesting article about LED lighting on Boing Boing today.

Darren, Oct 24, 2009
  2. Darren

industeq

Good Reading

LED lighting is here to come and very soon in the future will surpass incandescent and once the public gets wind of the advantages of LED lighting the consumers will ALL hop on the bandwagon.
    CFL's will take a few years to change over to LED compared to incandescent I believe but will happen .
    Now the LED is close to matching the lumens of light using less wattage than a compatible CFL. Though 10 times the cost of a CFL for a decent LED bulb.

As the white LED technology progresses in the years to come, the lumens output of the LED will surpass even the metal halide outdoor bulbs that have +40,000 lumens.
    I am on a project to change 100% of all the CFL & Florescent to all LED. Presently I have been in contact with multiple suppliers in China as they are the leader in manufacturing LED technology at this point of time and have on order several style?s of LED architectural lights to test here in the USA.
    I always ask the LED manufactures if their LED can be dimmable with a Clipsal Dimmer module and I seem to have to educate the manufacture about Clipsal and be the first on testing as they only know of Lutron.
    Since I am new to Clipsal but have a variety of bulbs to test I will be asking this forum on professional advice in the future about settings in the C-bus.

Alan Dobbs
    Industeq, Inc.

industeq, Oct 24, 2009
  3. Darren

ashleigh Moderator

Alan, I could not agree more. CFL's are a pretty terrible technology, and in 5 years time they will be pretty much gone the way of dinosaur.

The only thing LED lamps need is a 100% ES or Bayonet Cap retrofit mains (line) powered replacement for an incandescent lamp. These are now available but the light output is not all that good and they are terribly expensive. But they will keep getting better at the same time as the price comes down.

I suggest you also check out LEDs from some of the Korean suppliers. PM me for more details if you are interested.

ashleigh, Oct 24, 2009
Ask a Question