LED Flicker WITH 31LCDA Load Correction Device

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by lorenthehaloboy, Sep 5, 2014.

1. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

I have 12 Universal Dimmer modules runnings Lumitex Barricade downlights.

Some circuits do a big flicker on start or end of dimming.

The biggest issue is on lights that have only 1 downlight on them (small toilet for example), the light would never fully turn off. Ever.

We added a 31LCDA to help, and now the light turns off, but when it is on, either 100% or dimmed, it flashes like a disco dancefloor!

Anyone had these issues, and any suggestions? It is making the house impossible to live in, as some single lights are over the beds for reading, and wont turn off, of flash all the time if on.

Lumitex used to say that minimum light per circuit was 1, and stated "In some low load situations (single downlight on a circuit) it may be necessary to use a load correction device such as Clipsal?s 31LCDA or 31CAP".

They now on their website state that it is 2. Not sure how I will go returning these. I have 110.

lorenthehaloboy, Sep 5, 2014
  2. lorenthehaloboy

david s

I purchased around 40 of the barricades in 2012. Back then it was a minimum number of 2 lights per circuit on their website. I'm using the 8 channel leading edge dimmer, even though it's not recommended, and I'm experiencing little flicker from the lights.

My thoughts would be to add a dummy load to each circuit with only a single light and see if that rectifies the issue. Not ideal, but worth a try.

david s, Sep 13, 2014
  3. lorenthehaloboy

bmerrick

Hey Lorenthehaloboy,

There is a good post here from JohnC giving you a few additional ideas. Many of these are the old school measures used before the 31LCDA was available.

It sounds to me like it isn't loading the dimmer circuit sufficiently with only one LED head, so the dummy load David S suggests will probably work but look carefully at the dimmer in Toolkit/Status as it might make it swap the channel into Leading Edge dimming mode and the Barricade from memory had a Trailing Edge only LED driver

Good Luck,

Brad

bmerrick, Sep 13, 2014
Ask a Question