LED Diming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dewet, Jul 11, 2011.

1. dewet

dewet

Hi All

I've got a client and he want's to put in 220V LED Downlights in his house from aurolux. Is there a way that I can dim them with a normal Cbus dimmer or is there something that I can ad to get it to work. I did test it at our offices but it does not switch of completly and it flickers.

Please let me know.

Regards

De Wet

dewet, Jul 11, 2011
  2. dewet

ashleigh Moderator

Try and get hold of a Starburst. They may be difficult to locate in South Africa, though. There is Pierlite distribution in Mozambique (!).

ashleigh, Jul 11, 2011
  3. dewet

Ingo

Google Pierlite South Africa and you will find a number for them. I did speak to someone a few weeks ago but the LED's are too expensive for me.

If you need the person's eMail address then drop me a PM.

Ingo

Ingo, Jul 11, 2011
  4. dewet

industeq

LED Lamps

I have been using LED lighting since 2009 on my C-Bus with 4 and 8 channel dimmers and here is what I found out as I am in the LED business here in the USA and sampled many types and brands.
    ? Make sure the LED is specified as DIMMABLE.
    ? Depending what brand of LED is how it will dim, and if flicker while ramp down.
    ? Most LED drivers will not allow for 0~100% dimming. You need to set the Clipsal dimmer to 100~20% as most flicker when around 20%
    ? Some LED will cause the dimmer module to BUZZ?this is due to bad filtering on the LED driver side.
    ? Do not mix incandescent and LED on a dimmer, the light output is not linear between the two.
    ? You can add more LED on one dimmer as the wattage is less than the incandescent counterpart.
    ? Be careful as some LED lights produce a RF and prevent remote controls for doors and gates not to work as it masks out the signal.

Regards
    Alan

industeq, Jul 23, 2011
Ask a Question