Learning Remote??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Gilbert, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Guest

Hello,

I need to buy a learnign remote for all of my AV gear.. its a mix of Sony and Zensonic and a few other bits and peices. I also have neo cbus switches, got a huge clutter of remotes now. Looking for recommendations on Learning Remotes to clear this mess away.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Gilbert the Mad Tasmanian.

ps.. thanks for the forums Clipsal, great move, hope you dont mind a few home-owners hanging around the big boys here..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
    Gilbert, Dec 16, 2004
  2. Gilbert

Newman

Gilbert

Recently Clipsal released a universal remote control that is learning called 5030URC. It has the codes for C-Bus Remote controls already stored and can control up to 8 devices.

The Philips pronto is a good bet but they are expensive, especially the colour ones. They seem to be able to learn the C-Bus IR codes and they are also available for download from the RemoteCentral website.
    http://www.remotecentral.com/

After that, there's a plethora of Learning remotes available but quite a few experience difficulty in learning/repeating the C-Bus Neo IR codes so you'll just have to check each one.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
    Newman, Dec 17, 2004
  3. Gilbert

Charlie Crackle

Where can we get some info on the 5030URC ??

online alfred says "catalogue number not found"

Can it do banks A,B,C and D ?? can it do EF GH ?

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Gilbert

BeoLinker

Gilbert,

Just bought a Pronto RU980 which seemed to be the only option for my diverse IR kit. The product is very comprehensive and has vast support allowing me to control all my devices (inc B&O, Denon AVR, Pace Cable/IrDA, KiSS, C-Bus etc) in a matter of minutes,

Although I can thoroughly recommend it in terms of functionality, the cost is somewhat high although the B&W model below it is about half the price.

Now to try it with the MS wireless desktop!

Cheers
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Gilbert

Richo

The 5030URC is a modified Sunwave 3810. Remote Central has a review of the generic Sunwave product here http://www.remotecentral.com/src3810/index.html

The Clipsal version coms with a C-Bus device button on it and the C-Bus IR commands pre-installed and ready to run.

Sorry ... no idea. My guess would be yes (it appears to be very flexible in it's learning capability. But i will need to defer to others for a authoriative answer.

Richo, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Gilbert

Newman

No, the 5030URC only does banks A and B. It also does the 5035TX remote codes to suit C-Touch and Scene Master. You could theoretically learn Bank C into it from a 5034TX12 however this may not be successful (I haven't tried).

Photos weren't available when the Trade Price Catalogue went to print and it looks somewhat different to the Sunwave remote reviewed on the RemoteCentral website. See the latest TPG for details. $165 trade price.

Newman, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Gilbert

Charlie Crackle

Newman,

Was this the "No comment" remote from

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398

Or is there a new remote on the drawing board that can do "CD" ?? and maybe EF GH ??

Do the codes exist. for D EF GH ?? Do you have a "proto version of them ?"

Also if you know... Why does alfrred not get updated when a new TPC get released ??

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Gilbert

Newman

Your post is asking for information that is beyond the scope of this public forum.

Can't answer that one either, but if it meant deferring the release of the TPC then I imagine most people would rather have the catalogue now, instead of having to wait for Alfred to be updated before releasing the catalogue.

Newman, Dec 20, 2004
  9. Gilbert

Charlie Crackle

Now about the question.....

Do the codes exist. for D EF GH ?? Do you have a "proto version of them ?"

I have an installtion where a PIERL and a NEO can see each other. Perfect solution is one on AB and the other on CD. but can not get any codes for "D" so I am limited to only 4 lights on 1. (of course they have 5 !)

Charlie Crackle, Dec 21, 2004
  10. Gilbert

Newman

Charlie

The codes for "D" are allocated but you will not have access to them unless a Clipsal C-Bus Remote is released that contains the codes. Please do not ask for them because refusal often offends.

Newman, Dec 21, 2004
  11. Gilbert

ICS-GS

diplomatic...

ICS-GS, Dec 21, 2004
Ask a Question