Learn mode between wired and wireless

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by pholding, Jun 2, 2009.

1. pholding

pholding

Is it possible to use the learn mode on wired devices such as the bus coupler to control a wireless dimmer? (with the help of a wireless gateway)

The situation is that I'm looking to retro-fit my house with CBus wireless dimmers and use the bus coupler to receive imputs from external sources e.g intruder alarm.

However as I don't want to purchase a CNI or RS232 interface to do the programming, as the long term plan is to get a Wiser home controller (once I can figure out where to get one from) to program and control everything

I don't really want to purchase another interface just to connect to my laptop, as this interface will be made redundant once I get the wiser controller.

pholding, Jun 2, 2009
  2. pholding

Newman

You cannot perform Learn Mode between wired and wireless networks. The two systems use a different communication protocol (to suit the wired vs wireless medium) and Learn Mode messages are not passed by the Gateway.

To purchase a Wiser you will need to contact an approved Systems Integrator. You can find the nearest one to you here: http://www.c-buspointone.com.au/general/find_a_c-bus_pointone_member

Newman, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question