Launching Showshifter In Schedule+ 2.5

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Scar, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Scar

Scar

Not sure If anyone else would have come across this problem.

I have recently upgraded to Schedule 2.5 and find it awesome.Who said it was only a small update. The extra new features seem to fix most of my grievences.

Although I now find that when launching an external program (showshifter) It doesn't load properly. Rather than load over Schedule it becomes another window which you have to alt-tab to got to.

I also find that if i close the application and relaunch it from c-gate it works fine..

Has anyone else seen this sort of strange actions with Schedule 2.5??

Any idea what the fix is?

Cheers
    Jason.

Scar, Mar 6, 2005
  2. Scar

Darren Senior Member

I don't have a copy of ShowShifter to test this with. Are any other applications which show the same behaviour ?

Darren, Mar 6, 2005
  3. Scar

Scar

I have a few other programs that I eventually want to open straight from S+.
    I will load them on and let you know if I can repeat the problem.

Cheers
    Jason..

Scar, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Scar

Scar

Ok done a little more testing on this and seems it is tied into the new html link in visual properties.

Seems external programs linked from Schedule plus will work fine.
    But after I select an internet page from the html link, any external programs will load but will not come to the active screen. The only work around is then to take S plus out of operation mode and then put it back into operation mode.
    Once I have done that step external programs will load ok and then become the active screen.

Anyone else experienced this problem??

Jason..

Scar, Mar 12, 2005
  5. Scar

Darren Senior Member

Thanks for clarifying that issue.

As you have said, the problem only occurs after you change to a page containing an HTML component. In this case the program does start up, but is not visible. If you launch the program a second time it works fine. It also seems that if you launch the program immediately after changing page, and before the HTML component refreshes, then it works OK.

I looks like a Windows "undocumented feature" (a.k.a. bug). I will see if there is any way of working around it.

Darren, Mar 14, 2005
Ask a Question