Large Toolkit Files (Over 30Mb)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mushafiq, Jul 27, 2020.

1. mushafiq

mushafiq

Hi Everyone,

I have a toolkit file with about 100 networks in it and the size of the backup file is about 30 to 40MB. Every time I have to open the file (offline), it takes a long time to just populate the networks. Most of the time toolkit stops responding and occasionally it opens on one PC but does not open on the other one. and its all random. I am trying to get some help to know what is preventing this project to open like all other projects. The only difference is that its a large project as compared to the other ones.
    Any answers would be helpful.

Thanks

mushafiq, Jul 27, 2020
  2. mushafiq

chromus

If it opens on 1 and not another this points at system hardware specs being lacking.

As with all aspects of windows having 8GB ram is all but mandatory and if u haven’t already moved to SSD storage that makes a huge difference.

Having said the above, it’s worth noting that even on a high spec machine with NVME storage and 32GB ram, you are still limited by the underlying architecture used in Toolkit and its need to leverage external Microsoft libraries and depending on ur install preferences it may have to wait for the c-gate service to launch/connect.

chromus, Jul 27, 2020
    mushafiq likes this.
  3. mushafiq

mushafiq

Apparently it opens on all of them but the rate of successfully opening is 3/10. The PC is a high spec 16GB RAM with SSD. A brand new out of the box - i7 processor. The cgate service connects fine for every other project on the machine. As soon as I click on this project, the cursor changes to a rolling ball and I am left waiting for ages.

mushafiq, Jul 27, 2020
  4. mushafiq

Ashley

The default Cgate configuration file is good for up to about 64 networks. Above that you will need modify a number of it's parameters. I suggest you contact Clipsal Technical Support and have a chat with them.

Ashley, Jul 28, 2020
    jboer and mushafiq like this.
Ask a Question