Lantronix UDS10B Com Port Redirector ?Failed to Connect? Error

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by TrickyTrev, Sep 12, 2004.

1. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev

Dear forum

Recently added a C5500 Ethernet to C-Bus bridge, and am having trouble getting it to work. When the CBus software attempts to access the Com Port, the redirector software responds with "Failed to connect to any service". This is my third weekend and am getting real jack of it. The woman is giving me grief about the $$$ spent on home automation, the lack of results and the time spent on the computer.

Really need some help? Please see attached for config details and screen shots.

Tricky. :confused:

Attached Files:

TrickyTrev, Sep 12, 2004
  2. TrickyTrev

JasonCox

UDS 10b problem fix

yep, I see your problem here...

Your UDS 10b local port needs to be set to 14001.

Your re-director settings need to be COM 4 192.168.1.3:3001

sounds weird, but there needs to be 11000 difference in port settings.

com port 4 doesn't get stolen by mouse and other perephials, which is why CIS put support for COM 4 earlier on.

would you believe that when I got my unit 2 years ago, it didn't ship with configuration instructions or re-director software. Not only that, but it wasn't available for download at CIS or LANTRONIX. Go figure?

but, it's all fixed now. :)

JasonCox, Sep 12, 2004
  3. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev

Jason

Thanks, works just fine now. I have found the C-Bus kit to be top quality, but I must say the CIS installation instructions are inadequate for the $$$ spent.

Tricky

TrickyTrev, Sep 12, 2004
Ask a Question